The Reimbursement Analyst will be part of a team responsible for conducting analytics supporting Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement services.
Required Job Skills/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/IS or Business Administration or 0-2 years similar position experience, particularly in Healthcare IT or Healthcare Consulting
- Computer proficient with intermediate to advanced skills with Excel
- Ability to think strategically, with a solid grasp of HPS products and services to arrive at the optimal solution given the current environment’s constraints.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and have great customer service skills, as well as communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be process driven, yet adaptable to change when necessary.
- Must be able to follow established priorities and work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Job Skills/Experience
- Previous experience with Medicare Bad Debt, Medicare Cost Reporting, and Disproportionate Share (DSH) highly preferred.
- Previous experience with data sets and client patient accounting systems (EPIC, Cerner, Meditech, etc.) preferred.
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with SQL, a plus.
- Aggregate client hospital data and various third-party data within StingrayTM analytics platform, to identify potential lost reimbursement opportunities.
- Manipulate large datasets and multiple data sources.
- Perform reporting quality assessments and provide forecasting and trend analysis.
- Apply problem solving skills to help solve critical business issues and engage with the Clients, Client Services, and Information Services to impact results.
- Troubleshoot situations where data does not meet established thresholds and standards.
- Handle multiple projects and timelines effectively and communicate risks and issues to managers daily.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all HPS products and services.
- Assist with training lower level Analysts.
- Other duties as needed.
Physical and Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit at a computer for extended periods of time and to talk and listen to co-workers in person and clients and stakeholders in person and on the phone. The employee will be required to move about the office periodically. The employee must have the ability to operate a personal computer and have the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to lift or move 10+ pounds.
Mental requirements include the ability to read, write, concentrate, reason, analyze, evaluate, problem solve, multitask, and perform occasional mathematical calculations.
The noise level in the primary work environment is usually moderate (i.e., business office with computer printer). Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.