Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of marketing activities, including conference planning and logistics, sales support, creation of promotional materials, maintaining a library of client testimonials, and social media management. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is a creative thinker and is eager to learn modern marketing techniques.
Required Job Skills/Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business
- Requires 1-2 years of experience in marketing
- Requires 1-2 years of experience in coordinating conference and tradeshow logistics
- Requires 1+ years of experience in social media management using tools such as Hootsuite and Buffer
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (strong proficiency in PowerPoint is a plus)
- Experience in graphic design and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, a plus
- Self-educates by reading, attending webinars and other training to keep up with latest marketing trends
- Requires strong communication, organization, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a creative thinker, self-motivated and resourceful
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Tradeshow and Conference Logistics: Coordinates HPS staff attendance, works with outside vendors on booth design, booth giveaways, promo items; ships marketing materials to event site; creates tradeshow graphics
- Sales Support: Supports the Sales and Client Services Teams by formatting PowerPoint sales presentations and other client-facing marketing materials
- Case Studies, Client Testimonials, Client References: Works with other departments to obtain testimonials and quotes from current clients, coordinates the development of Client Case Studies, maintains Client Reference Report
- Social Media Management: Writes blurbs for updates, posts updates, schedules updates, maintains Social Media Editorial Calendar, finds relevant third-party industry articles to share
- Expense Reporting: Prepares and submits monthly expense report for Marketing Department
- Monthly Client Letters: Creates and mails letters from HPS’ CEO to new clients and clients who have renewed service
- Other marketing support activities, as directed
Physical and Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit at a computer for extended periods of time and to talk and listen to co-workers in person and clients and stakeholders in person and on the phone. The employee will be required to move about the office periodically. The employee must have the ability to operate a personal computer and have the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to lift or move 10+ pounds.
Mental requirements include the ability to read, write, concentrate, reason, analyze, evaluate, problem solve, multitask, and perform occasional mathematical calculations.
The noise level in the primary work environment is usually moderate (i.e., business office with computer printer). Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.