Senior C# Software Developer
As a Senior C# Developer, candidates will be responsible for designing and developing full-stack greenfield solutions as well as supporting existing platforms. As a member of an energetic development team in a Microsoft shop, employees will have the opportunity and the responsibility to make a real, lasting technical impact on the future of the company’s software products. Employees will work with the latest tools and can think on their own, generate creative solutions, employ best-practices and be excited about collaborating with highly skilled team members in a modern web development environment.
As a member of the Development Team, this position is active in a development and operational role to ensure that existing applications run correctly and for delivering new functionality for future applications.
- Creates and maintains front-end, mid-tier and back-end solutions and code
- Ensures existing applications run correctly by diagnosing existing code, identifying root causes and resolving issues
- Creates new code for delivering new functionality for future applications
- Adheres to established HPS business procedures
- Performs additional tasks or responsibilities as assigned, including being willing to complete tasks outside of business hours
- Bachelor’s Degree. Computer Science, IT/IS or a related field strongly preferred
- At least 8 years similar position experience, particularly experience in creating software products or software consulting
- Excellent knowledge of Visual Studio, C#, ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net WebAPI, and the .Net Framework
- Experience with modern web development (e.g. Webpack, ES6, React w/ Redux or other modern JS frameworks)
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Must be comfortable with SQL Server and data access via Dapper, Entity Framework or other ORM technologies
- Must be comfortable with Git source control
- Must be comfortable with both providing and receiving input on proposed solutions
- Proven record of delivering commercial SaaS platforms and software solutions
- Accustomed to working in an Agile environment with CI/CD
- Desire and ability to quickly learn a large and complex business domain is required
- Exposure to automated and unit testing (e.g. MS Test, NUnit, xUnit)
- Distributed systems experience (e.g. Azure Service Bus, NServiceBus, Mass Transit, Rabbit MQ, etc.)
- Familiarity with design and dependency injection patterns (e.g. Autofact, Ninject, MS Unity)
- .Net Core
- TDD experience
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Familiarity with HIPAA and PCI security requirements
- Healthcare reimbursement experience is a plus, not a requirement
- Microsoft Certification
Before HPS considers your application and resume, you must complete the pre-screen. You will write a few lines of code that must POST JSON to this simple REST-based web service which is documented and includes a sandbox for debugging against. Your information will be kept strictly confidential. See the FAQ for more details.
Physical and Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit at a computer for extended periods of time and to talk and listen to co-workers in person and clients and stakeholders in person and on the phone. The employee will be required to move about the office periodically. The employee must have the ability to operate a personal computer and have the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to lift or move 10+ pounds.
Mental requirements include the ability to read, write, concentrate, reason, analyze, evaluate, problem solve, multitask, and perform occasional mathematical calculations.
The noise level in the primary work environment is usually moderate (i.e., business office with computer printer). Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.